Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nation of Immigrants

     A "Nation of Immigrants" is like a melting pot of many diverse people. America is a nation of immigrants because the people who live in America mostly all have ancestors that have immigrated from another country. The people who left their countries to come to America would have been extremely courageous. They would not know what they were getting into, and they only knew what they had heard about America. The people who came to America had also to be very outgoing and strong willed because when they put their mind to coming, they did even though the voyage was very long. The immigrants were also very adventurous because they were coming to a strange place to start a whole new life. These traits have come to shape America in making people think we are a very courageous and adventurous country, and we always take risks. It has also shaped America's people because we are all so different, and from so many different backgrounds, but yet we all live in the same country. America is truly unique in it's aspect of being a melting pot. 
     I do not feel very connected with my ancestors and I do not feel very aware of them. I wish I could have more connection with them because I would like to know more about them. I am very envious of the people in "Faces of America" who have had their ancestry put in front of them, and I wish I was lucky enough to have the same done for me. I think that because I have seen these episodes, and known how important immigrants were and are I will research my own heritage to see where I come from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment